Friday, July 25, 2008

The Princess Bride favorite quotes!

Grandpa: [voiceover] Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around. Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning. Westley: As you wish. Grandpa: [voiceover] "As you wish" was all he ever said to her. Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water - please. Westley: As you wish. Grandpa: [voiceover] That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back. Buttercup: Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher. [It's right over her head, so he has to stand next to her] Westley: As you wish. [Cut to them kissing] The Grandson: [interrupting] Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? [suspiciously] The Grandson: Is this a kissing book? Grandpa: Wait, just wait. The Grandson: Well, when does it get good? Grandpa: Keep your shirt on, and let me read.
Buttercup: You can die too for all I care. [pushes him down a high hill] Westley: AS... YOU... WISH. Buttercup: Oh my sweet Westley what have I done?

Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Buttercup: You mock my pain. Westley: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Buttercup: You can't hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.

Miracle Max: Have fun stormin' da castle. Valerie: Think it'll work? Miracle Max: It would take a miracle.

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you. Buttercup: But how can you be sure? Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?
Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me? Buttercup: Well... you were dead. Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. Buttercup: I will never doubt again. Westley: There will never be a need.

Westley: We are men of action, lies do not become us.

[fencing] Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful. Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so. Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am. Man in Black: Then why are you smiling? Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know. Man in Black: And what is that? Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed. [Moves his sword to his right hand and gains an advantage] Man in Black: You are amazing. Inigo Montoya: I ought to be, after 20 years. Man in Black: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you. Inigo Montoya: Tell me. Man in Black: I'm not left-handed either. [Moves his sword to his right hand and regains his advantage]


Westley: Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where is Buttercup? Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain. [pause] Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen. Westley: That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying. Fezzik: You just wiggled your finger. That's wonderful. Westley: I've always been a quick healer. What are our liabilities? Inigo Montoya: There is but one working castle gate, and... and it is guarded by 60 men. Westley: And our assets? Inigo Montoya: Your brains, Fezzik's strength, my steel.
Westley: I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something. Inigo Montoya: Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had? Fezzik: Over the albino, I think. Westley: Well, why didn't you list that among our assets in the first place?


another one of my favorite movies

No comments: