Tuesday, August 19, 2008

wines that I love: St Emilion




As I mentioned in my profile, I am a wine guru, although others may say differently. This is the first post in an ongoing series:
I want to talk about my favorite red wine: St Emilion,which is produced in the Bordeaux region of France. It is mostly wines dominated by Merlot with very little Cabernet Sauvignon, the two most famous being Saint Emilion and Pomerol. These wines often have great fruit concentraction, softer tannins and are long-lived. Saint-Emilion has an official classification.
To me it is the perfect blend of both of the strengths of these these two great wine varietals, with none of the weaknesses.
The color and depth of this wine is like no other, it is deep and rich and consistent and it holds true bottle after bottle. It is the perfect blend of red and purple, to me it is the ideal color of wine. This would be the color the crayon people would use for a crayon called"wine"
The taste: how do you describe perfection in a glass? It is like drinking liquid velvet, it is so smooth and delightful. This is the perfect wine to sip slowly and just let it hit all of the taste buds in your mouth!
The smell or nose: wonderful, it will of course vary from bottle to bottle, so you are on your own on this one.
Conclusion: Try this wine tonight and really experience what drinking wine is all about.












3 comments:

Paul said...

how does wednesday night grab you? there is a bottle at R&L's.

Anonymous said...

nice review--and yes it is here. Price point for your readers?

Paul said...

I have found several very nice ones in the $16-24 dollar range. Try your local store and then shop some of the bigger ones. If you want to splurge and spend more by all means, do so. If you have a particular one you are looking at, and you want my opinion before you buy, contact me and I will give you my humble opinion.