Monday, September 22, 2008

The ultimate White wine: Pouilly Fuisse





In my opinion when it comes to a dry white wine this one has no equal at all. Dry and crisp but not acidic. It is refreshing and light! If I had to choose 1 white wine to drink the rest of my life it would be this one! The price point for this one is between 15-50 dollars US. But you know what ? It is so worth it. Life is too short to drink crappy wine! In Vino Veritas!

Pouilly-Fuissé is an appellation (AOC) of Burgundy wine in central France. It is the best-known part of the Mâconnais region, and produces white wine from the Chardonnay grape.
This white Burgundy should not be confused with the Sauvignon Blancs from Pouilly-Fumé and Pouilly-sur-Loire in the Loire Valley.
Contents
Style
Pouilly-Fuissé is a dry white wine made from Chardonnay. It is pale and refreshing, often quite delicate. It is not as expensive as the big wines of the Côte de Beaune to the north.
Geography
West of Mâcon the land rises up to form Mont de Pouilly and other limestone hills, covered in the alkaline clay that best suits Chardonnay. The villages of Vergisson, Solutré-Pouilly, Fuissé and Chaintré shelter at their feet.

1 comment:

Maria Verivaki said...

Hi Paul - I remember you, you have lived in my town and you liked it very much. I hope you still enjoy reading my stories about Hania, it's good to hear from you.