Tuesday, January 6, 2009

tonights menu/sort of take two


here is my take on Paula Deen's Quick Chicken Mole recipe. My changes will be in blue again.




2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chipolte chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 bell pepper,green chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
1 anaheim pepper chopped
6 ounces of a dry white wine I used chardonay
6 ounces of water
2 tablespoons peanut butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 boneless chicken breasts sliced
mexican style rice, for serving


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and spices and continue to saute to toast and develop flavor. Add diced tomatoes, peppers, chipotles, wine and water, peanut butter, and chocolate. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Sear the chicken in a heavy bottomed hot saute pan over medium-high heat until cooked just lightly browned on both sides. Cover pan and then cover with sauce and simmer for 20-30 mintutes until done. Make sure chicken is cooked all the way. Serve with Mexican rice.


This was another thing that was devoured. This will satisfy the chocolate lovers as well as the Spicy food lovers in your house. The next time I make it I will have tortillas on hand for people to mop up the sauce with and I will make Fried Ice Cream. Which is not as hard as it seems to make. I will give you the recipe some time soon.

3 comments:

Paul said...

i don't see why not.

Anonymous said...

I had to google this one, I couldn't understand all the peppers and the chillis. I didn't realise bell peppers are the same as normal peppers and both are called capsicums here in Australia. Sounds really good. I tried chilli chocolate for the first time last year, it was surprisingly good.

Me said...

I have to tell you, it tasted even better than it looked. We're very lucky!