Wednesday, July 30, 2008

lifes events

So one day you are sitting there fat, dumb, and happy, when your world comes crashing down around you in 1 fell swoop.

In march i was working a great job and had a great house and married to a good woman. Then it all changed over the course of a few months. I lost my job due to budget constraints. Lost my house because of that one. Lost my wife because of my childish immaturities.

So now here I am almost 4 months later and I am still alive. For awhile I was so stressed out, which is pretty amazing since I have been described as being so laid back that I am horizontal. I was suffering from imsomnia so bad it was not even funny.

But thanks to the love and support of a few great friends, I have come to realize that there was nothing that I lost that cannot be replaced. So here I am picking up the pieces of a broken life and I am becoming happier than I was before my roof caved in and i took that big rock to the head.

I guess that what I am trying to say is that no matter what life throws at you, you can survive and thrive with some love and luck and great friends and the strength of the human spirit.

On that note, it is always friday and it is always 5 o'clock somewhere! So relax and enjoy the ride. my thanks to Jimmy Buffett!

Mongo out

4 comments:

Lori said...

I hope that everything works out for you. From one who has come through lots of 'roof cave-in's' I can tell you that it does get better and with faith, family and good friends you'll come out on the other side with strength, resilience and a new world before you!

Best wishes...

Paul said...

thank you Lori,

none of what I lost cannot be replaced.Because of what has happened I have reconnected in a huge way with someone i thought was gone forever and now she is my inspiration for so many things!

Katie said...

Yay!

It really does show that you can lose things in a heartbeat, survive, and end up with something amazing in the end.

Good work, Dead Cat:)

Paul said...

thank you all for the wonderful comments. Some old Chinese smart guy said " that what does not kill you makes you stronger" and after the turns and curveballs life has thrown at me lately, i have to think he is right!