Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pirates Of The Caribbean













Arrgh me mateys,
Sometime there is a movie that comes along that makes us slip the bonds of reality and just be kids again. this is one of them:
Jack Sparrow: Last time... I was here a grand total of three days, all right? Last time, the rum runners used this island as a cache, they came past and I was able to barter passage off. By the look of things, they've long been out of business. Probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that.
Elizabeth: So that's it, then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach drinking rum.
Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Caribbean, love.

Elizabeth: Commodore, I really must protest. Pirate or not this man saved my life.
Norrington: One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness.
Jack Sparrow: Though it seems enough to condemn him.
Norrington: Indeed.

Norrington: I, uh, apologize if I seem forward, but I must speak my mind... Ah, this promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have... not yet achieved: a marriage to a fine woman. You have become a fine woman, Elizabeth.
lizabeth: [her corset is choking her] I can't breathe!
Norrington: Yes, I'm... I'm a bit nervous myself. [Elizabeth faints and topples over the wall]
Jack Sparrow: [upon seeing Elizabeth plunge into the ocean] Will you be saving her then? Mullroy: I can't swim. [Jack looks at Murtogg... no he won't do either]
Jack Sparrow: Pride of the King's navy you are. Do not lose these.
Mullroy: Not breathing.
Jack Sparrow: Move. [Jack slits the ties on Elizabeth's corset and rips it off, causing Elizabeth to regain consciousness, and spit out a lot of water]
Mullroy: Never would have though of that.
Jack Sparrow: Clearly you've never been to Singapore.
Mr. Gibbs: The kid's a bit of a stick, isn't he?
Jack Sparrow: You have no idea.
Jack Sparrow: A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around!
My two favorites are these:

Jack Sparrow: Not just the Spanish Main, luv. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Jack Sparrow: Now... bring me that horizon.

No comments: