Saturday, August 2, 2008

tonights dinner menu/wine list

as i have in my profile, I like to think of myself as a chef, of course i only cook for my family and my friends, since i am lucky enough to have some wonderful caring friends who let me torture them from time to time with my strange experimental cooking. I thought this would make a nice regular addition to my ramblings. So please let me know what you think.

dinner tonight will be: chilled shrimp cocktails with a avalcado salsa cocktail sauce

grilled shrimp- basted with a chili-lime marinande I am making today
grilled lobster tails marinated in lemon butter garlic and paprika
Grilled steak-simple and easy
rice- 3 kinds of rice- brocoli cheese, dirty rice and caribean rice

tonights wine list: 1st course- Fat Bastard- French Chardonay- perfect opener
2nd course- Eximius- Portuguese White from the Estremadura region
3rd course-Corte Pitora- Italian Cabernet Sauvignon- Perfect for the steak
4rd course- Yalumba- Australian Chardonay- easy drinking and cool

Dessert- Something simple- Vanilla ice cream or Mango and Coconut sorbet
with port drizzled over it. Or a chocloate sauce

Digestive will be: Fonseca Bin 27 Porto

Drink menu: For Adult crowd- Gin and Tonics or Fresh Mojitos
For the younger crowd- Limonade Jaune Mousseuse

How does this sound to everyone?

4 comments:

Paul said...

yes and you are so good to me too!

Catherine said...

Doesn't sound like torture to me! Wow your dinner is making me hungry..sounds delicious ~all of it!
And the mango & coconut sorbet sounds heavenly! :) Very sorry about your absent companions!
Have a beautiful week!
Cat

Paul said...

thanks for the great comments. i will be posting my up coming menu soon. If you would like the recipe for anything let me know. Or if you want a suggestion for a wine ask away.

Anonymous said...

I'm starving now. Hahaha -Chris Morgado